I love bread and Italian food. Luckily Italian cuisine has a lot of bread. This past weekend I went to a friends house for a potluck Iftar. Her theme was Italian cuisine so obviously I was overjoyed to stuff my face with bread, pasta and all the delicious goodness that comes with Italian cuisine.
I’ve been apartment hunting all over DFW so I wasn’t able to make something elaborate for the potluck. I ended up making cheesy garlic bread and bruschetta.
- 5 tbsp garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, divided use
- 12 slices baguette, 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tbsp Spicy basil pesto
- Kens garlic roasted balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut thick (1/4 in) slices of baguette. Lightly drizzle olive oil on bottom of the a baking sheet. Toast the baguette slices until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl; set aside.
- Take minced garlic, spicy basil pest, softened butter, parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; mix and set aside
- Arrange bread slices on platter; spread garlic butter mixture over one side of each slice. Top with tomato mixture and remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.